My anti-tailgater attachment

After years of work, I have developed a device that actually stops tailgaters. Using the pump from a power washer, I rigged the pump to my engine and connected the hose and nozzle to the rear bumper of my car. In my trunk I have a ten gallon tank recovered from a well water system.

I simply fill the tank with readily available drain oil from doing oil changes, and keep the tank filled. When a tailgater starts riding my ass, I simply flip a switch on my dash, and a strong spray of dirty drain oil covers the car's windshield that is tailgating me, as well as coating the highway with an oil slick. The driver is totally blinded and goes into a spin on the oily slick on the road. So far, every tailgater has gone off the road and totally wrecked their car. Not one driver has been able to maintain control of their vehicle once I turn on the spray. It's really awesome watching these tailgaters lose control and crash their vehicles. Better yet, it don't cost me a cent to refill my oil tank and get prepared for the next tailgater.

One car even burst into flames, and the oil just added to the fire.

If anyone wants the entire set of plans, I'd be happy to send them to you for a mere $50, shipping included. Just send me email and I'll arrange payment and get your mailing address to get you on your way to eliminate tailgators from your life forever.

Harold Sullivan II

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
HaroldSullivanII

---------- Nice fantasy. Mine involves a row of 6 1000 watt Halide lamps attached to my rear bumper, pointing at the tailgaters windshield. A switch on the dash let's me flash them on and off. At least it doesn't kill unintended targets.

Reply to
Abe

Hehe, thanks for the chuckle. Darn good idea.

Reply to
Dan C

On Sat 07 May 2005 12:55:11a, Abe wrote in alt.home.repair:

I've always wanted a button on the dashboard that, when pushed, would obliterate the vehicle immediately in front of me. This would be far preferable to using the horn!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Why deal in fantasies? You can order one of these *today*.

John

Reply to
John‰]

Darn, it says for off-road use only :-)

Reply to
Abe

My idea was always a mirror, which should accomplish the same thing, or at least get the idiot to turn off the hi-beams.

Greg Guarino

Reply to
Greg G

Doesn't come with the tear gas option.

:(

Reply to
The Real Tom

You don't need 10 gallons, just a few drops of oil inside a hot tailpipe produces a huge white cloud of smoke and noone can tailgate when they cannot see.

Reply to
Nick Hull

John. I Used something like this back in the 40's. Made my own. 33 chev had wooden floor boards, so I Drilled a hole through and drilled into exhuast pipe and inserted a 1/4 " copper pipe. Used a can of kerosene and a manual valve. Left every one sitting at the intersection for a while. Try that today and JAIL time. W W

Reply to
Warren Weber

Well that makes it kind of useless, doesn't it?

Reply to
HeyBub
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Well, in the 50's, the trick was to drill a hole in the tailpipes near the end, tap a couple of threads in and screw in a couple of spark plugs. Wire them to a Model T spark coil and a switch. Wind the engine up tight in second gear, flip the switch and the plugs would ignite the unburned fuel leaving the tailpipes resulting in six foot columns of flame from each pipe. It would scare the crap out of you at night.

Ahhh the good old days....

John

Reply to
John‰]

"John?]                                                                 " wrote in news:070520051820276715% snipped-for-privacy@Invalid.earthlink.net:

Hopefully,today's clean autos do not have so much unburned fuel leaving the tailpipe.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I have a metal box of short roofing nails behind my pickup's bumper that tips and dumps about 20 lbs of the nails on the roadway. It doesn't always stop the tailgater immediately, but is about 90% effective within 5 miles.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

On Sat 07 May 2005 10:41:57a, Abe wrote in alt.home.repair:

It didn't say off which road. ;-0

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAH

Golly, this is such a fun thread, talking about road rage, and what not!

I hate to tell you all this, but I'm submitting lawsuits against each and every one of you, for giving advice thatcould cause harm.

If you don't like it, don't blame me.

Talk to Doug and Chris.

They told me I could sue you if you gave bad advice.

Reply to
Matt

One other thing -

As it seems there are many in this NG (Chris, Doug) quickly come to mind - who have NO sense of humor;

I'm not filing lawsuits against ANYONE.

It's USENET, OK?

If you want to meet people who will gladly confuse reality with ascii, and try to ruin your life - go on over to alt.hvac.

Attempting to ruin lives and bringing true misery to people seems to be a speciaty for the folks there.

Reply to
Matt

That's because most of the nails will lay down. Sharpened JACKS would probably raise your percentage.

Who says American ingenuity is in decline?

Greg Guarino

Reply to
Greg G

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHA

ROFL

Talking about ways to kill people on the roadway is such fun!

HAHHHAHHAHHHHAAAHHHAH

Reply to
Matt

$225 for that.... That's crazy..... You can do the same thing for about $5. I did it and it works. Somewhere back in the late 60's or early 70's, someone told me to clean the engine on an old car, take a quart of transmission fluid and slowly dump it down your carburetor while the engine is running. So, I parked my car on my driveway and started pouring it in. Within a few seconds the whole neighborhood was completely covered with smoke. I had neighbors cussing at me, and someone called the fire dept. I had to do some real explaining when the fire dept came, and brought along a few cops.

OK, besides the smoke problem, the other thing that happened was my engine killed and was not easy to start again, forcing me to remove all the spark plugs and spray carb cleaner on them to get all the oil off. Of course, when the car did start, all the trans fluid that was still in the intake manifold started smoking again, so I drove the car away from the neighborhood quickly.

Determined to still clean my engine, I had to come up with a better way of doing this. First, I had to get away from residential areas, second, I had to get the car moving fast so the engine would not kill.

Thus, I took a piece of vacuum hose, connected it to one of the vacuum ports on the carburetor, and shoved it thru a hole in the firewall, into the drivers compartment. Then I installed a small plumbing valve in the hose and ran more hose to a bottle of transmission fluid sitting on the floor on the passenger side. I wired the hose and valve to the dash, and took the car out on the freeway. When I got up to about 60mph, I opened the valve slowly. The smoke began to pour out of the tailpipe. If I opened the valve too much, I'd feel the engine begin to run roughly, so I just backed off on the valve a little. Soon, I knew just how many turns to give that valve to make lots of smoke and still keep the engine running smoothly, (while cleaning my engine real well). Of course I did this about 3am when there was little traffic and the smoke was not very visible. Well, the smoke was not real visible until a taligater decided that even though there were 3 lanes, he had to ride my ass in the same lane. I waited till he got real close to open the valve. Seconds later, he was buried in a cloud of smoke, and I swear I could hear him cussing.

This sort of became a habit. My engine was never quite clean enough. if you know what I mean. That was until I got pulled over by the cops. I quickly tossed a coat over the bottle of ATF, and dropped the hose on the floor. I explained to the cop that I have a sticking piston ring and every so often the engine starts burning lots of oil. The cop bought my story, and told me I should get the engine repaired. I told him I would, and went on my way. When I got home, I decided it was time to remove the hose and stuff. Besides, after running at least 5 quarts of ATF thru my engine, I know my engine was clean.

By the way, I drove that car for another 5 or 6 years, so maybe that ATF really did clean the engine ....

Reply to
Gerry Atrick