Musty rug

We bought a used rug a few days ago. It looks great and I know it's only about five years old. However, it has a musty smell. I have a Kirby shampoo carpet cleaning vacuum which works great on carpets. Will this help with the rug? - or is there a better method for treating mustiness with rugs? Anybody any ideas why such a relatively new rug would smell this way? The owner had no pets (or kids) but the rug had been rolled up in his garage for several months.
Paul
First unroll the rug in a ventilated area for a couple of weeks. If it still smells, then shampoo it and let it dry really good.

help
way?
garage
D'Olier wrote:

I would have it professionally cleaned. It is likely to cost less than your think, especially if you deliver it to the plant and pick it up. They do a great job with their in plant equipment.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit