Murray riding mower transmission pulley

I have just tried to get off the motion drive pulley from the transmission of my 10 year old Murray 12/38 Model 38623x66A(Yard King) lawn mower, but was not really successful. Is there a special trick to get the pulley off the transmission shaft? I already used a hub drawer and the only thing that happend was that the pulley bent over :-<

Can anybody help?

J.

Reply to
luettki

If your sure you got all the retainers off and loosened any set screws a littl heat from a torch will do it.

Reply to
Randd01

Sometimes you need to torch it -- apply heat. Just an off the cuff answer, I've not worked on a Murray 12/38 Model 38623x66A(Yard King) before. But it works on lugnuts, and changing tires.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn