Murray Lawnmower Question

Can anyone tell me if all lawnmowers have an air filter? I would think so, but I can't find one on my machine. My instruction book does not mention air filters, at all.
Thanks.
Kate

If it is a gas engine powered mower, it will have an air filter.
If it is electric, it will not have.
Need more information.
Bob-tx
All lawnmowers have air filters. Most snow blowers do not. Except for early Craftsman Eager 1 engines, most lawn mowers use an oiled foam filter in the air intake box - some fasten with a screw into the carb, and some have a clip-on plastic lid.

On 10/26/2011 2:15 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

how to clean those. Never had a paper one.
Thanks.

I must have missed something...did someone mention a "paper one"? These are the pricier automotive type on some mowers and riders.
On 10/27/2011 3:17 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

neighbor told me that I don't want to mess around in that area. LOL I googled youtube and there was a guy cleaning an air filter on a Murray lawnmower with a Briggs & Stratton motor.
I have a paper filter by the way, and it was filthy.
Kate wrote:

One thing you could try is to go to Google Images ( http://images.google.com/ ) and do a search for "lawn mower air filter" or "lawn mower air filter location" etc. and see if one of the images there shows the location of your air filter.
Also, if you post the lawn mower model number etc., maybe someone here has the same or similar model and can identify where the filter is located on that model.
On 10/27/2011 7:24 AM, Ron wrote:

on a Murray lawnmower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. It was a piece of cake. I was hoping for a foam filter, but mine is paper.
Kate wrote:

twice as much as one for car.