multi tool, Harbor Freight and swearing

Page 2 of 3

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:01:05 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

return it.

Does the $70 model come with a M-67 flamethrower? I'd be willing to upgrade.
DerbyDad03 wrote the following:

You didn't get the separate accessory package.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

much.
Different models:
Single speed ($34) Variable Speed ($70)
3 x 34 = ~100 3 x 70 = well, a bit more.
<<P.S. If it were built like a tank it would have a gun turret, tracks, a 100mm gun or maybe a M-67 flamethrower. My $34 HF MultiFunction tool didn't come with any of those features.>>
Built like a tank could mean built like the Brit tanks that were in use in WWII:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
http://www.royaltankregiment.com/9_RTR/tech/Be%20Unprepared.htm
Britain went from the leader in tank design from the end of WWI to tanks that allowed German tanks to sit outside return fire range and fire rounds that would penetrate and then bounce around the crew compartment of the Brit tanks, killing everyone inside.
<<. . . over the years 57 different designs were commenced, of which 38 were cancelled either at the paper stage or at the prototype stage. Of the 19 that became production models, eight were moderately battle-worthy. The rest were either useless or close to it, and included the Covenanter, Crusader, Centaur, Cavalier, Challenger, and Matilda Mark I. The problems with these tanks included mechanical unreliability, insufficient armour, and under-gunning.>>
So, built like a tank has its qualifiers . . .
-- Bobby G.
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:08:09 -0400, "Robert Green"

Only if you don't understand what it means in the context.
How about "built like a brick shithouse"? Can you get your head around that one okay?
Sheesh.

I don't know...I did a Google Image search on "built like a brick shithouse" and none of the hits look like my HF Multi-Function tool.
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=built+like+a+brick+shithouse&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai =

The asshole you are responding to is a troll.......check the headers.

Thus my less-than-serious response.
But really...my HF "built like a brick shithouse" Multi-Function tool doesn't have *any* of the "features" seen at:
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=built+like+a+brick+shithouse&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai =
...especially the first image.
On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 06:46:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

You do realize you are responding to a troll? He follows me everywhere I go. Check the headers.

lot
good
in
rounds
Brit
were
rest
Crusader,
these
Jeez, Ron, we was just funnin' you. And no, I'd rather not get anywhere near a BSH let alone get my head around one. (-:
-- Bobby G.

Wasn't me, it's as asshole that's obsessed with me. Check the headers.

This jerk follows me everywhere I go.

Let's limit the discussion only to the actual model Jeff showed us - the one he actually bought.
http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/multifunction-tools/variable-speed-multifunction-power-tool-67537.html
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:05:07 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Most are not as limited in their thinking as you are.

So, in a discussion of Product X, you want to discuss Product Y, which the OP does not own. Thanks for explaining that.
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:19:09 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

He didn't buy a dremel or a fein, either, Kanter.

Try and follow the discussion. You've run off the tracks.
On 8/30/2010 12:19 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

It does me no good to know that X is great when I own Y. Y has variable speed.
Let me know so I can stop reading this thread.
Jeff

You can stop reading this thread anytime you like.
How many alternatives do you need?
It's been suggested that you bring it back and get another one because it's worth the money, it's been suggested that you call the store for their advice before you drive over, it's been suggested that you call or email HF Customer Service to see what they say, it's been suggested that you consider a different brand, although none of them appear to be worth the extra money.
That should just about cover the extend of the alternatives.
Oh wait...you could just toss the broken one and do nothing else.
I don't think that there are too many other choices.
On Aug 30, 12:10pm, salty, Rob Budd, yetanothermicky wrote:

You have NO life do you asshole?