multi-strands conductors allowed?

Does the national electric code say whether electrical wires can be multi-strands?

Yes it does, in fact all conductors over #8 must be multi strand

Not inside the walls.
my old home had some installed before I bought it. It didnt flag during home inspection sale which I kinda wondered about. It looked physicall different and was marked as such.
What hazards does it cause?

Why can't you have strands in walls? What if you have to take some #8 through a wall?

Got a Code citation for that?
I didn't think so.
--
Regards,

That'd make for a pretty nasty looking install for your 50A range.