mud jacking driveway...

When I bought my house, my inspector said that the driveway may be leveled wrong (he saw standing water). My basement never leaked though. Recently, I found the carpet rotted from getting wet in one area of the basement. This area seems to be directly below where my water spigot is on the driveway. I can remember a few times where the water leaked out of the hose and got real wet in that area in the driveway. Anyhow, I got my level and recently looked at how level the driveway is. It is exactly level. Do I need to mud jack this the driveway to give it a slope? Or just seal it up better between the house, which it looks like it probably needs as well as make sure my hose is tightened down. Thanks
-Dan
The seal will fail. You need a slope away from your home in all directions including the driveway.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Dan:
NS> When I bought my house, my inspector said that the driveway may be leveled NS> wrong (he saw standing water). My basement never leaked though. Recently, NS> I found the carpet rotted from getting wet in one area of the basement. NS> This area seems to be directly below where my water spigot is on the NS> driveway. I can remember a few times where the water leaked out of the hosNS> and got real wet in that area in the driveway. Anyhow, I got my level and NS> recently looked at how level the driveway is. It is exactly level. Do I NS> need to mud jack this the driveway to give it a slope? Or just seal it up NS> better between the house, which it looks like it probably needs as well as NS> make sure my hose is tightened down. Thanks
Personally I'd be tempted to use a flexible (silicon-based?) caulk to seal the crack/seam - provided it isn't too big (less than a quarter-inch)). Quite frankly the caulk is going to be cheaper than the mudjuacking.
OTOH mudjacking so a slope is present would be the better solution: gets rid of the standing water. I would seal (caulk) to minimize any water leakage.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Odd MD: Her first and only child was born at age 44.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
No Spin Zone wrote:

Dumb Question.. Whats Mud Jacking?
Mud Jacking -- the injection of cementious mud (by pumping at fairly high pressure) to lift the concrete. It's used in areas with active soils to lift or re-level foundations and foundation slabs.
Boden