Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on vinyl pool liner

I opened my above ground pool last weekend and was faced with the annual problem of cleaning the stain that forms just above the water line. Just for kicks, I grabbed a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I was astounded! Damn near close to zero effort and the stain was gone! I don't know what's in this thing but it's a miracle!
Which brings me to my question. What, exactly, is in this thing? Is it safe for my vinyl pool liner? (I know -- I should have asked before I used it). Assuming it's compatible with vinyl, I'd strongly recommend it for this purpose.
On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:38:34 -0500, Mike Hartigan

It seems to me to be a physical method of removal based on a microfiber or polymer foam of some sort, acting somewhat like sandpaper, but needing water to increase the contact with the item to be cleaned.
I'm guessing. :>
It's amazing stuff though. Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:38:34 -0500, Mike Hartigan

OK, I found the answer. I was close :>
http://tinyurl.com/7d6lp
It's made from BASF's melamine resin foam Basotect (BASF is a chemical company).
It works to remove dirt because, strangely enough, microscopically it's very hard.
So don't use it on anything that may be scratched (although it cleaned my chrome teapot and it stayed shiny), or that has a varnish that will wear away.
Do you think it might work on getting stains off a brick fireplace?

I doubt it. The brick surface is probably too uneven and the Eraser won't get in the depressions.
http://www.sunpowerusa.com/bespmefoclsp.html -and-
http://tinyurl.com/8oppm
The first appears to be an off-brand of the Magic Eraser. The second is a bit intriguing. You can buy a 2'x4' sheet of the stuff for $52.92 in the form of its original application.
snipped-for-privacy@nyc.rr.com says...