Mowers: Baffle Vs Choke

What are the pros and cons of having a baffle vs a choke? TIA

Reply to
BroJack

Whats and where is the baffle, and why wouldnt it be a choke, it chokes, right.

Reply to
m Ransley

Pros: A baffle will restrict air to the carburetor to give a richer mixture for easier starting. A choke will restrict air to the carburetor to give a richer mixture for easier starting

Cons: If you leave the baffle closed, you will not get full power once the engine is warmed up and it will use too much gas. If you leave the choke closed, you will not get full power once the engine is warmed up and it will use too much gas.

You can always flip a coin; heads I win, tails you lose. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This is baffling.

BroJack

Reply to
Bro Jack

i thought it was choking not baffling,

Reply to
m Ransley

With an awful joke like that, I want to choke you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have an old Montgomery Ward tiller with a baffle and choke. I use both of them when starting and the tiller starts up after two pulls every time. Startup is much harder if I use just the choke. This tiller is at least 20 years old and never had a tuneup.

Reply to
fatman985