Mowers: Baffle Vs Choke

What are the pros and cons of having a baffle vs a choke? TIA
Whats and where is the baffle, and why wouldnt it be a choke, it chokes, right.

Pros: A baffle will restrict air to the carburetor to give a richer mixture for easier starting. A choke will restrict air to the carburetor to give a richer mixture for easier starting
Cons: If you leave the baffle closed, you will not get full power once the engine is warmed up and it will use too much gas. If you leave the choke closed, you will not get full power once the engine is warmed up and it will use too much gas.
You can always flip a coin; heads I win, tails you lose. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

This is baffling.
BroJack
i thought it was choking not baffling,
With an awful joke like that, I want to choke you.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@windswept.net (BroJack) wrote in message

I have an old Montgomery Ward tiller with a baffle and choke. I use both of them when starting and the tiller starts up after two pulls every time. Startup is much harder if I use just the choke. This tiller is at least 20 years old and never had a tuneup.