Mower Question

I have a Briggs & Stratton 5.25 engine, and after I put a new blade on the mower, when I release the dead man lever, the engine stops, but the blade keeps spinning. Could it be the stop switch that is damaged? Thanks

Reply to
patter1969

You likely did not replace the hardware properly.

Brand & age of mower? Star center or round?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Thanks Rob. Murray convertible mower, round center. The blade spins and cuts fine when the engine is running, but as I said, when the engine stops, the blade keeps spinning, which it did not before. Thanks again

Reply to
patter1969

The blade is attached to the engine , if the motor gets turned off-is not running, but the blade spins, the blade is on wrong and loose.

Reply to
m Ransley