Mower Question

I have a Briggs & Stratton 5.25 engine, and after I put a new blade on the mower, when I release the dead man lever, the engine stops, but the blade keeps spinning. Could it be the stop switch that is damaged? Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You likely did not replace the hardware properly.
Brand & age of mower? Star center or round?
Rob
Thanks Rob. Murray convertible mower, round center. The blade spins and cuts fine when the engine is running, but as I said, when the engine stops, the blade keeps spinning, which it did not before. Thanks again
The blade is attached to the engine , if the motor gets turned off-is not running, but the blade spins, the blade is on wrong and loose.