mower problems - NOT

OK - The my mower wont start, run right, stay running posts are starting to come in this spring. I'm no expert on making these things run after improper winter storage but i thought I would share my experience this spring in recovering my mower, weed whacker and chainsaw from hibernation.
Last use before putting these things away for winter ALL I DID WAS RUN THEM DRY. Nothing more, nothing less. No stabil, nothing special.
This spring For the mower - 6.5HP briggs - changed oil - cleaned deck - checked filter - checked plug - sharpened blade - added high octane fuel
The mower started on the first pull and ran great!
Weed whacker - Added premium fuel/oil mix - checked plug
OK - two pulls to start
Chain saw - 10 year old Husqvarna 55 - sharpened blade - cleaned air filter - general cleaning - checked plug - Added premium fuel/oil mix
Started right up after a couple of pulls - normal cold start.
So - I can not help those with dead equipment this spring but come fall hopefully you will remember this and store your equipment properly. Others may have other methods but this has worked for me for years.
good but in the fall clean deck, change oil, new or replace plug. saves time in spring and things will run better too

I'm having great success with my technique.
In the fall, stop using it. In the spring, press primer, pull cord.
Works well for mower, backpack blower, edge trimmer.
There are rubber parts inside the carbs that over time when wet and then drying out will gradually harden and then give problems or won't work at all. That's why it's best to store them wet. These parts are very inexpensive but they can go bad at the darnest of times. It would be different if they had motor driven fuel pumps or injectors...but they don't.
Dan Espen wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:24:28 -0400, Dan Espen

I have had mowers that wouldn't start in the spring, so:
I might just run one empty, but now I have 3 that work, and I definitely don't have the patience to run three dry. I use Stabil in all of them when it is getting near the end of the summer.
Tried the first one a few days ago, and ran a bit but stalled on the first pull. Started on the second pull. And ran until my little lawn was mowed.
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:24:28 -0400, Dan Espen

That's the way I do it too. Never had a problem.
--

Dave in Columbus

Why? Fill the tank as full as you can get it - no room for any moisture to condense.