Mower engine problem

Page 2 of 2
Most of these small engines "prime" by spraying gas into the mouth of the carb. If they start and run for a few seconds you have spark and gas.
The "running gas" comes from the bowl. Since you have gas in the bowl, it looks like the tube that lets the flowing air suck the gas out of the bowl is clogged.
You have to take the carb apart to the point where you can either blow this tube clear or run a fine wire through it.

Thanks John... that's pretty much the conclusion I came to last night, though I wasn't sure what the prime bulb did. I'll have a go at the mower this weekend.
Thanks again. Alex