Moving/removing snow

Page 2 of 2

I don't have a feel for what 14 gauge is, and I don't know how thick these "cheap' ones are.

Don't know what floating would be.

What's ergonomic about it? It's a handle. There are lots of things with handles that long.
Wheels might help if the sidewalk is in uneven sections, because you could raise the edge a bit and not ram the thing into the higher section. I have to remember to lift my shovel, although it's easy to remember after I hit the cement five seconds earlier.

I think you still have to wear gloves.

They wouldn't recommend it for 8 inches?. They just chose 6 because that't the maximum their target market expects. People who get more snow are more ready to buy something more expensive.

Yeah limited.

Whenever an ad says "compare at" I don't like it. It doesn't mean that the items that cost 70 are no better. They may well be a lot better. It just suggests you compare them. They had to change to this terminology, because when they used to say, "As good as items thayt cost 70", they got in trouble, I'm pretty sure. FTC etc.

I think that is what they would say.

Don't know.
I'll tell you this. We used to have a 120 foot driveway. I only shoveled where the tires went. Why waste time shoveling the whole thing?
Now I live in a townhouse in Baltimore. My neighbors shovel every square inch of the spot they park in. It's wierd. I shovel a minimal path for each rear wheel, the road has always been plowed by the time I get out, and I just back out.
When I got to some place with snow, I drive back and forth about 3 feet a few times, so that I'm not stuck in a hole when the time comes to leave. I've leveled down the snow. And I carry a shovel in my trunk, in case I get lost and end up in NY. Well, sometimes it's needed here.

(snip)

he he he If you live where it generally snows over 100 inches of snow each season, you can't do that. The person said he's in Buffalo. He gets a lot of Lake Snow and you can easily get 6 or 8 inches dumped in a day every day of the week.
The lake snow is filled with water and easly turns to ice (on the ground). If you haven't lived near the Great Lakes you won't understand how much it snows. It snows so much we have to use a roof rake,too.
That's a good idea you have for where it doesn't snow too much. Marina
(snip)

Wow. Maybe he should bite the bullet and buy the gas snowblower instead of a pusher.

Wow.
Yeah, thanks. I don't know why my neighbors shovel the whole thing.

Time to save those pennies and buy a snowblower.
New or used depends on your budget. If you live in Albany all these years and dont have one by now... How did you get rid of it before? If you've been shovling snow manually (while living up there) you should be the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger inn his prime.
If you got some left over cash a nice atv with a plow blade would work real nice too. Some people have rid on mowers with snow blower attachments.
Tom