Moving/removing snow

Time to save those pennies and buy a snowblower.

New or used depends on your budget. If you live in Albany all these years and dont have one by now... How did you get rid of it before? If you've been shovling snow manually (while living up there) you should be the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger inn his prime.

If you got some left over cash a nice atv with a plow blade would work real nice too. Some people have rid on mowers with snow blower attachments.

Tom

Reply to
BocesLib

Wow. Maybe he should bite the bullet and buy the gas snowblower instead of a pusher.

Wow.

Yeah, thanks. I don't know why my neighbors shovel the whole thing.

mm

-snip-

-snip-

I have to strongly disagree. I've been shoveling or blowing snow in upstate NY for 40+ years. My current driveway is about

100' long, and on a steep incline. Several years ago my health was poor & I hired a guy to plow my drive. My brother-in-law had a Toro 1800 [the larger electric- about $300] that he gave me to do my sidewalks. [I had a 10hp[?] 2-stage blower that was having trouble starting.] One storm with that little electric & I fell in love. The next year the snow-plow guy went out of business- and I didn't call anyone else. Now I do my driveway with that little electric.

I blow a centerline- then blow to the edges and make a 20' path. Then I go to my turnaround, set it to blow straight ahead and make a

30' deep turnaround spot. It eats the wet snow that the plows thow up. [I'm on a heavily salted hill & that was always shovel work with my 2-stage.

It likes 6-8" of medium snow best, but has thrown 6" of slush and 24" of fluff without complaining as much as that old, heavy 2-stage used to.

In years where I need to cut back snowbanks, I can pick up that electric in one hand and throw that snow 20' away. 6 foot banks that the plow threw up disappear without me breaking a sweat. . . . well, maybe a light sweat.

Not to mention it is quiet, always starts, cleans better than any blower I've ever owned, needs no gas, hangs on a hook in the garage, can be rebuilt on a kitchen table, is machine enough that my teenagers will use it, and un-intimidating enough that my wife has even taken a turn for fun.

I use about $30 of parts each year. I replace the skids, rotor and blade. My driveway is about 1/2 [rough] concrete and half gravel. A smoother drive would make these parts last longer.

As you can see I love my little Toro. Even if I had to pay full price for it, $300, I would consider it one of the best tool buys I ever made.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

"Lesley" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

It does but just kind of on a limited basis. Here, it can snow every day so there is applying the stuff and then again and again. I'd suggest buying it and trying it out.

It's not a miracle product but it does work to some extent. I only use it in a small area around my gate. I've sprayed the product on my gate latch and lock when we were forewarned of freezing rain. It kept the latch free and clear. Pasar

Reply to
Pasar