Moving - need laborers

Over the next year, I need to make a double move. First me and stuff I need and later my wife and household goods. First move will be a U-Haul and I am going to need some laborers in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina.
I know long-distance movers get them to show up for the unloading. Anyone know how I can get them?
Dick
Go to any Home Depot in Southern California, they are waiting in the parking lots

Most U-Hauls can connect you.

This close after Opening Day, you could probably find a lot of minor league baseball players to help.
-T.E.S.

And you might check with Mit Romney and Alan Spitzer, I hear they're not doing much these days.
-T.E.S.
On Apr 1, 2:24pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

Check the Yellow pages for phone numbers of local Labor Unions. Some common laborers may be free between construction jobs and might like to pick up a few bucks. Mayflower, United, other major moving companies will have some that are available for a day or so. Just ask. HTh
Joe
On Apr 1, 2:24pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

Box stores in my area have laborers outside early, but remember , there is no insurance, and there is theft, often you pay cheap and twice or more in the end. And many Day laborers are overpriced and a rip off. Its a risk,
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 19:24:01 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

Call a local Probation/Parole Office, they can direct you too places for just released offenders. Might be called a Labor Office or such.
They live in a hallway house and need gainful employment.
A labor office carrys insurance, so you pay them and they pay the crook :)

And the Crooks now know your weakneses of home security, and so do day laborers. Cheap today- expensive tomorrow.
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:34:35 -0700 (PDT), ransley

But the offenders, re-offend and are then locked up. Nothing too do with your house or property. Can't, say the same for HoseB from the local HD lot.
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 19:24:01 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

There are companies that will load or unload for a fe. You might be better off checking your yellow pages for one of those.
(Dick

Google job banks in the area There has got to be some kind of labor pool around.
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 23:01:09 -0700, "Mike"

Might be cheaper, but working with a company that will pack or unpack your truck might be better. They do exist, and they probably check people's backgrounds.>
Chris Hill wrote: ...

I wouldn't bet on it for their casual labor...some locals may have permanent employees, many do the same thing as suggested here--pick up day labor at the local wherever they congregate.

What about insurance in case they damage something?
Aspasia
<aspasia> wrote in message wrote:

If you are just picking up day labor on your own, there is no insurance. In the case of serious damage, the day laborers will be gone in a flash.
Faster than going to Home Depot and yelling "La migra! La migra!"
Like others have said, call the moving van company and see what they say.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus