Moving an automatic damper

I've got an HVAC system with two zones and an automatic damper separating the zones. I'd like to reconfigure the second zone, however, so that the zone encompasses just the master bedroom suite instead of the entire wing of the house that it currently covers. The ducting is already set up for this, but I know nothing about moving the damper and/or even where precisely it was put. Before i start crawling around my crawlspace looking for it, can anyone chime in on how tough a job this is going to be and what to look out for? I'm pretty handy and have done HVAC work before, but just with the mechanical ducting and nothing with dampers. I'm envisioning a best case scenario where I can easily see where the current damper is by following external wires (I presume it needs power and control), cutting into the ducting, removing the damper, re-sealing the ducting, then reinstalling the damper further down the run. Am I being naive?

Thanks in advance for any help

Reply to
none