Moving a jetted tub pump?

Hi. We have an older style whirlpool/jetted acrylic tub. The Aqua Flo pump was installed on the subfloor and at the foot of the tub within the wall enclosure. When we are using the feature the roar of the pump is almost deafening. Even though there is access to the pump via a small wall hatch in the wall, tearing down the walls to gain good access for sound deadening insulation is not worth the bigger hassle to me. Instead, I am thinking of moving the pump to the crawl space directly below the tub structure, about 4 feet vertical. I figure this should solve a good part of the noise problem and thus make the tub more usable. My preliminary plan was to mount the pump on a concrete block (in dry warm cement crawl space) and run 1-1/2" reinforced braided vinyI hoses back up to the copper plumbing at the tub (inlet and jets) using sch80 pvc insert fittings there. Because of the pump's low pressure/ high volume and relatively low temps generated for the bath, I figured the braided vinyl stuff would be acceptable. The hoses should also keep sound transfer to a minimum.
However, I need to know if there are any other special considerations (check valves (priming), water lift problems, potential motor damage, etc) in mounting this pump below the tub and/or whether this process would work properly at all.
Thanks for your suggestions. Jack