Movement in 6 year old house

I live in a relatively new home (built in 2000) on a post tension concrete slab. I am now noticing that some of the upstairs doors do not close properly and I am seeing a few cracks in the interior walls and one area of the landing appears to be uneven. The brick exterior however does not have any cracks.

I want to bring in some foundation "experts" to asses whats happening and how I can reverse the movement but would to like to know more myself about what's happening before I talk to anyone.

Can this movement be stopped and even reversed? Why is it moving? I thought a post tension slab is supposed to stop movement from happening? Could the slab be cracked?

Anyone any ideas what's happening here?

Reply to
IT Professional

Post tension slabs are not known for setting. That is why they are used. Are you the original owner? Did the structural warranty covey when you bought the property? What does your state licensing board say?

Cracking of drywall might be from the framing drying. Same with the doors. Your post does not lead me to believe that the foundation is the cause. Any foundation inspection, will cost $$$ and the fix may be something your really not interested in.

Slabs are always cracked. If it was not cracked I would be surprised. A crack in the slab is not necessarily a problem.

Talk to all your neighbors see if they are having the same issues. Chances are if the structure has issues your not the only one.

Reply to
SQLit