Move Electric Clothes Dryer

I need to move an electric dryer about 15' further from the panel than it is now (25' from panel).

Is it OK to continue the circuit from the box that currently contains the 220V 30A receptacle, or do I need to completely replace the entire run so there are no wire-nut connections.

Thank you

Reply to
JacksonD

As long as you make good connections in the box, you should be fine.

Reply to
Mikepier

JacksonD wrote in news:01c02bfc-3f36-4991-a9d3- snipped-for-privacy@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Another thing is are you making the vent shorter or longer? There are limitations that a) are code and b) make safety sense.

Reply to
Red Green

cool chart on maximum dryer vent run lengths

Rick-Meister

I would also like to add use rigid or the corrugated flex hose duct, not plastic or tin foil flex duct. In HD or Lowes they still sell that tin foil hose by Deflecto. Why, I don't know since most manufacturers tell you don't use the tin foil flex hose.

Reply to
Mikepier

Thank for the replies. Vent pipe length not an issue. Will be same length. Short run. Will use appropriate material.

I will extend the circuit making sure connections are good,

Thanks so much !

Reply to
JacksonD