Mouse trap

I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago. Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.
Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice". Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap? Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.
I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should help.
On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 12:06:20 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

note put trap access door along wall, mice dont like open spaces. in addition try baiting with peanuts or peanut butter.
i had the same problem as you, complained to the extermination store where i bought the trap, and after following their advice caught nearly 40 mice

I'd read about the reading but I didn't know they were on the net too! However, that explains a lot of Usenet posts in some groups.