Mouse Problem

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:31:57 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"

Someone forgot to send your cat to cat school !!!!! Or else it went to a CATholic school........ :)
I have a cat(holic yet) who loves to play with mice. holds them between his paws and when his brother was alive they would pass the mouse back and forth. Till mom rescued the poor mouse (that they had brought in from outside) and sent it out to the field. So not all cats will kill the mice (except for the catnip filled ones). :-) __________________________ Totus Tuus Claudia Satori

how
mice
mice
My cat kills a few and chews the heads, but mostly she just bats them around for an hour or two until they apparently die from the beating.

Yep, BS. We live out in the country. Had a hell of a mouse problem the 1st year. Got a couple of cats and haven't seen a mouse in a couple of years.
Randy http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

WOW !!!!!!
I have proof (sort of), that a well fed cat wont eat mice. I have barn cats, but also have a house cat who never goes outside. When it is real hot, rather than run the AC for the cat, I put the cat in my hayshed, which is shaded by trees and well vented.
A few days ago I went in there to feed the cat and found a totally untouched dead mouse on the floor. I could tell the cat got it from the way it was killed, but she never ate any of it. She has cat food all the time. I took the mouse outside and in a few seconds all the barn cats were hissing and fighting over it, and it was devoured in minutes. I do feed the barn cats too, but dont keep a full bowl or else the coons eat it.
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:11:34 GMT, Finite Guy

YOU DON'T !!!!!!
I wish there was a way. Hell, I went in the garage and opened my toolbox the other day, rached into the drawer where the sockets are, and a mouse ran across my hand. I will have to be honest and say I let out a scream that must have woken the neighbors, and they live a mile away. Worse yet, I have about 20 cats on this farm. I get mice in the house too, and I have sealed every hole I can find.
Mice are some of the most obnoxious useless critters on earth.
I did put some poison in the garage now, and where the cats cant get to it. Yes, cats will eat it, and they will die. I had several cats eat it once. I had to give them shots, and they were very sick. They did survive due to the shots.
If you find a way to get rid of them permantly, let us all know.
PS. Keeping tall grass down, around buildings does help a little.
Mark
Finite Guy ( snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net) writes:

We had mice in our cottage one year. I set mousetraps (they like peanut butter) and I also found and sealed the hole where they were getting in. (In my case it was near the plumbing.) I haven't seen a mouse since.
I have to say I didn't like killing the litle guys. When you trap them, their necks bend in such a way that their beady little eyes seem to be looking up at you sadly. Knowing what I know now -- that sealing the hole is the key -- I would have tried to trap them humanely and send them back into the fields.
-- "For it is only of the new one grows tired. Of the old one never tires." -- Kierkegaard, _Repetition_
James Owens, Ottawa, Canada
I hate the bastards. I have caught a few with the sticky pads and left them on the trash can outside to fry. I want all his buddies to hear him scream for mercy. It's pretty funny watching a mouse with his head stuck and his back legs jumping all over.
writes:

On 31 Aug 2004 13:02:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (James Owens) wrote:

When their beady little eyes are looking at you, just take your boot heel and smash them into the floor. They wont be looking at you after that.... Of course you will be cleaning up a nasty mess and too busy to care about where the mouse is looking.