mounting mini-shelf onto tiled wall

Am new to diy and need some drilling advice here as i need to mount a mini-shelf onto my tiled wall.

have managed to drill thru my tile with an 'impact drill' (apparently not a hammer drill as it just rotates).

now the my masonry bit hits bricks and it wont get thru anymore.

does it mean i need to get a 'hammer drill' instead?

Reply to
Jason

What type of bit are you using? A twist drill will go through tile, but just sit and turn and get dull with brick. Get a masonry bit and it will go right in.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

used a twist drill initially on the tile and switched to a masonry bit to break thru the tile to hit the bricks.

held the masonry bit there subsquently with no movement/ penetration.

Reply to
Jason