Mounting Hooks on Hollow Core Door

Hi,
I am looking to hang two bathrobe hooks in my bathroom, and the only location I can consider is on the bathroom door, which is a hollow-core door. I am hesitant to do this, considering the type of axial load this would stress on the door, given the thinness of the door. I have both butterfly and molly bolts at my disposal, does anyone have an opinion or alternative suggestion for this problem?
Thanks, Richard
I wanted to hang the accessories for my central vac on a similar hollow core door. I cut a piece of 1/4" thick Oak (it's an oak door) wide enough to reach the solid edges of the door, but narrow enough to avoid preventing the door from closing. Stained it to match the door and then fastened it to the door with countersunk flat head screws. Then I fastened the hooks for the accessories to the oak. It's been up for years now with no problems at all.
Another option is the kind of hooks that hook over the top of the door.
HTH,
Paul
On 1 Nov 2003 19:41:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Richard) wrote:

Richard wrote:

panel... two good sized nails will do the trick for a robe.........

Richard, I have successfully done that by putting matching hooks on both sides of the door and using long brass bolts to go through both sets, effectively squeezing the door between two flat plates. This was on a bathroom door that opened into a bedroom, so the hooks came in handy on both sides. If you don't want hooks on the non-bathroom side of the door, you can buy decorative metal plates to achieve the same effect.
-chib
--
(email: change out to in)

there is a specific anchor made for these type of situations. It's actually called a thin panel/hollow door anchor. It's basically a small plastic butterfly that you drill a 1/4" hole in the door for. Used them many times, work great!

You can also use a normal hollow wall anchor (molly) in the short 1/8 - 1/4' grip range.