Mounting a Small Tire on Wheel

Does this straighten it out for you?

Reply to
Dbdblocker

Thanks. I _knew_ "stem" was incorrect but due to a senior moment I couldn't come up witht the correct term.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I like to use a little waterless hand cleaner (GoJo) on the rim and tire as a lubricant to help get the tir back on the rim.. Soapy water works pretty good too. HAving a rubber faced sledge hammer is very helpful too.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Sounds good. I have containers of GoJo all over the place. Silicone spray might work too. Tell the truth last time I changed tubed tires was a loooong time ago.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Silicone spray is OK for non-driven or non braked wheels - or tubeless tires - but you do NOT want the tire slippong on the rim with a tube type tire. Tears the valve stems out of the tubes in a hurry.

Reply to
clare