motion sensor problem

HI all, I had replaced a motion sensor that appeared to have failed. The lamp will turn on, but is so dim you can hardly see it is even on after dark. I have a single flood light in a dual flood light fixture. I try replacing the bulb, same thing. I try a flourescent bulb and get rapid flashing - it will not fully light. Seems I have not enough current. What to look for first?
Thanks, Greg

Try putting both bulbs in and see if it works or gets even dimmer. Some motion lights have a dim and bright setting, check yours. Do not use flourescent in these type fixtures... You should have a troubleshooting guide in the instructions too.