Motion Sensor Lights Damaged

My neighborhood just recently experienced a power surge. It wasn't exactly a blackout. I was a blackout for 2 seconds, but it was more like a surge. Well, getting to the problem at hand, my motion sensor lights are now not working properly. They are supposed to be off and then come on when they sense motion. Now they are just both constantly on. I was thinking of pulling turning off the breaker to turn them off and then turning it back on to see what happens.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

J. W. wrote:

want it to by turning the light on, off, on, etc??? well anyway we took the bulb out and put a plug in it and plugged line about 60 ft. of iceclye lights on the gutters by the roof.. it lasted about 10 minutes and then there was no juice to the light fixture.. took it off and from the back there was a small plastic box inside.. they had a fuse in there , cant remember what amps.. but went to radio shack and got a pack of 4 fuses for about $2.00 and replace the fuse and it worked fine.. found another place to get juice for the christmas light... it was too much of a draw for the fuse.... i was lucky, as the box inside was assembled with screws... some are just melted shut..... might be your problem????
J. W. wrote:

I suspect Paul was right. Turn the power to the sensors off for say 10 minutes. Then turn it back on. That may well do it.
Other than that, I suggest replacing them and adding whole house surge protection.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

And just why have you not taken the 5 seconds to do just that?

Because people are idiots.