Motion sensor? 3-wire version sought.

5-10 years ago, the PIR motion sensors on the market had 3-wires, basically HOT and Nuetral feeding it's electronics, and a LOAD wire exiting the switch which was used to attach the controlled device and acted as a switched HOT.

NOW, I find that EVERY PIR switch I've seen on the market seems to be a TWO-wire version. This is great for higher current loads, but low current loads (like a 4watt bulb) do not provide enough current flow to make the PIR circuit operate reliably.

Does aanyone know of any brand of PIR that still uses 3-WIREs?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Harris

X 10 should have it , But its a controler thats super fancy you have apx 8 dip switches and 2 rotary and can controll them with a built in car - door opener, RF . And separate door openers remotes and , maybe computer. Apx 50 at Radio Shack or

I have quite a few, be sure to caulk the wire tube as water gets in and the Ball joint. . And dont use it at the limit- watt limit.

Reply to
m Ransley

I found one! On eBay, there is a seller with several hundred of those older 3-wire type. They are very specific about new installations NOT allowing for this older 3-wire type! (Mine needs it!)

$10 and I'm done!

Mark

Reply to
Mark Harris