Motion lights will not turn off...

The lights were installed about 4 days ago and were doing well.... Today I had adt added to home and now the motion lights came on and are staying on for couple hours.... any suggestions ???
On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:44:02 AM UTC-4, Rita J wrote:

Not much to go on. Day? night? They can be falsely triggered by moving tree branches. Many of them can be forced on by cycling the power on-off, then back on within a second or so.
On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 07:22:18 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

Be sure you leave it off 10 seconds or more to reset the sensor. If you quickly flip it off and on, that is the "turn on until dawn" signal. I have about 20 of these around the house, inside and out. If you are thinking you have a problem, start by setting the time out to 1 minute and watch the light. If it is false triggering, it will flash off and back on right away. If the sensor is stuck on, try the reset above. One thing that can cause false triggering is the light itself If the sensor can see the light or even a good reflection of the light, the bulb cooling off can trigger it to come back on again. Trees moving, water moving or just the wind can cause a false trigger.
Rita J;3290475 Wrote: > The lights were installed about 4 days ago and were doing well.... Today > I > had adt added to home and now the motion lights came on and are staying > on > for couple hours.... any suggestions ??? > > --
There must be an issue with the sensor because they false triggered due to any motion like any pet or leaf of tree.So you must adjust them to get rid from it. 'What your stock broker doesn&#8217;t want you to see' (http://easypcinvestor.com /)
--
stockbrokers

On 9/30/2014 6:44 AM, Rita J wrote:

mine do that when the power glitches. I have to turn off the circuit breaker to kill the power for a minute or so. That resets 'em.
'mike[_22_ Wrote: > ;3290588']On 9/30/2014 6:44 AM, Rita J wrote:- > The lights were installed about 4 days ago and were doing well.... > Today I > had adt added to home and now the motion lights came on and are staying > on > for couple hours.... any suggestions ???- > > mine do that when the power glitches. > I have to turn off the circuit breaker to kill the power for a minute or > so. > That resets 'em.
But may be there is not power fault and you get a false triggered. Its better that you check it or call a technician to get a quick solution for all motion lights. 'What your stock broker doesn&#8217;t want you to see' (http://easypcinvestor.com /)
--
stockbrokers

message

Did you have a power outage? I don't know why but mine will stay on following an outage. I have to flip the switch on and off or maybe it's off and on. That seems to reset it.
On 9/30/2014 9:44 AM, Rita J wrote:

Clean lens....no dust or spider webs? Shut it off, take out battery for 10 minutes. Put in new battery. I used to have occ. trouble with motion lights and taking out the battery was the cure.
On 10/3/2014 5:54 AM, Norminn wrote:

They probably didn't have batteries :o) Long time ago, but I do recall the advise to shut it off for 10 minutes....lived in Florida and all kinds of cute little critters used to set it off.

Most of these will reset in about 10-15 seconds of being off. A quick flip off and on will turn them on until sunrise tho.
On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:19:52 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
3

Mine works that way during the day. At night, not so good. If the power goes out at night and later comes on, or is otherwise unplugged, the light will cycle on, then off, until daylight. Happens only once or twice a year so I'm not going to replace it for that problem. I did replace on of the bulbs with an LED flood. Nice bright white light. Only downside is the cost. IIRC, it was $24.

Only 2 of the 20 or so I have use PAR 38 bulbs. The rest are connected to other types of lighting. I have 15w sign bulbs in the ones on my shed. I am just looking for "walking around" light, not "escape at stallag 17" light. Most are connected to existing building lighting like the coach lights on my garage.
On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:14:02 AM UTC-2:30, Rita J wrote:

As various people have posted there may be 'false' triggering or momentary 'hits' or failures of the power. It is therefore essential that the user un derstands the manner in which their particular brand of lights work and how to reset them. Also the ADT work may have altered the connection/configura tion of the wiring. As with any 'system' it is essential to understand how "Timed or motion activated lights work".