Motion detector timer will not adjust, tried three brands, help!

I just put motion detector switches in the wall switch box to turn on the lights and fan in the bathroom, but the timer that is supposed to adjust from 10 seconds to 20 minutes, just wants to do 10 seconds. I tried the adjusting the sensitivity, adjusting the timer, different brands, I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Not returning it to the shop?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Did you connect it hot? That is known for blowing them up. At least it did for me a couple of times.

Reply to
SQLit

Mine also has a daylight sensor built into it. Did you adjust that setting to be on even during daylight?

Reply to
grinder