Motion Detector Lights question

I saw a motion detector light that has various time settings; Test, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, dusk-to-dawn. These lights also boast a manual override by flicking the electic switch.
I want to put the light near my pool. The light switch is in the garage behind a door.
I want to set the timer to something like 2 minutes. However, there will be times that I will want the light to stay on for longer than 2 minutes. I don't want to unlock the garage door to get access to the light switch to create a manual override.
Will simply switching the light from 2 minutes to dusk-to-dawn turn the light on and keep it on without requiring a reset? That's the type of "manual" override I want.
As there seem to be numerous makers utilizing numerous various methods for switching those things I think you'll most likely have to scrutinize the product literature before you buy in order to ascertain it will work as you desire. Or when it goes off simply jump up & down flapping your arms in front of the sensor for it to see movement and turn back on.

I believe the timer on your device is 1-5-20 min or something close to that. As long as you are moving around in the view of the device, it won't turn off at all. It times out when it no longer sees movement, but if you wanted to change it to: dusk-dawn, just flip the switch on the unit