Motion detector lights aren't staying on

Yep, for the minimal cost it just isn't worth screwing around trying to fix what is most likely a 'chip' problem and non-fixable anyhow.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I had two, double-bulb motion detector lights installed about 10-11 years ago; I don't know their brand. They're the kind that you can make stay on by turning them on [via the lightswitch inside], letting them warm up for a few seconds, and then turning the lightswitch off and right back on. If you don't do that, but just turn it on once, they'll remain off unless the motion detector senses something.

Okay, here's the problem: The motion detection is working fine on both of them, but the 'staying on' thing is no longer working.

I have no idea what the problem is, but it seems logical [to me] that it's NOT a sensor problem. If that's correct...what is the problem? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Jane Doe

Something is broke. A new one is about 15 bucks, so just replace it.

Thee is a timer in the circuit that tells the lights how long to stay on. Most have some adjustability. try a different setting and if it does not work, head to the store for a new one.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski