Mother of all snowblowers.

Page 1 of 2
Once again, Honda becomes the technology leader in class leading snowblowers. Check this one out....
http://www.honda.ca/PowerEng/Snowblowers/HS1336/HS1336i.htm
Add pictures here
✖

All for the low, low price of $7,499.00. What are you
waiting for? Go sell your car and buy one!
✖
Hell, you could buy a Zamboni for that money! Des
Add pictures here
✖

Yes, but can you clear your driveway with it. :-)
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (SandroF1) spake unto the masses in

What's remarkable about this? Pretty small.
You've obviously never seen the snowblowers used to clear Northern roads where very heavy snow is encountered. They replace the double-plow blades used on dump trucks down here. They are six feet tall (not including the chute), at least ten feet wide, and mount to the front of dump trucks.
--
TeGGeR®

Add pictures here
✖
You want to see a REAL man's snowblower, take a look at the massive snowblowers used to clear runways at major airports. Chicago has some great ones. Run down the runway at 50 mph, two of them run staggered to do the entire width of a 100 foot wide runway.

Add pictures here
✖

nah, try a railway snow pusher/blower, can clear 20ft high drifts, tear out signals, switch stands etc...
http://www.wcra.org/photos/CNPlow.jpg they still use these, and also have wing attachments...
Add pictures here
✖
Heck. I've had a Gravely for well over 20 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It has a 12 HP motor, it's easy on gasoline and it throws the snow over 50 feet. That's right - 50 feet. That to me is the Mother of All Snowblowers. By the way, all the maintenance has consisted of changing oil every winter season and an occasional spark plug. And this is in Western New York where we average approximately 290 inches per year. That to me is the Mother!!!! I have a JD 2010 which sets in the barn all winter (resting) as a backup. Had to use it once during the Blizzard of '77. Send a man out to do the job and not a boy! This is not intended as a spam message. Just reality.

Add pictures here
✖
Here here, I agree, an old Gravely with a thrower attachment. Now that's snow throwing. One word of caution, watch out for anything loose under the snow, rocks, abandoned toys, frozen fido's, because they get thrown around 50 feet as well.
Dave

Add pictures here
✖

They should provide the Honda Pilot with a PTO and sell an optional snowblower attachment.
Andrew
Add pictures here
✖

More appropriate would be the Honda Civic Hybrid. The 1336 is a gas/electric Hybrid snowblower.
--
---
✖
On 25 Dec 2003 15:25:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (SandroF1) wrote:
well, it's certainly the mother of all prices.
Add pictures here
✖
WoW!, that is indeed the mother of all prices. You could buy an ATV or a lawn tractor with a blower attachment for that price.
I just bought a Sears 11 Hp/30" Craftsman on sale for $1600 Cdn (including taxes). Works great and I can drop the snow on a dime.
On another subject, has anybody ever actually had sucess with electric snowblowers? In our climate I'd never buy one or a gas powered snowblower less than 10 Hp. I suppose they might be useful in northern Vancouver.
Randy
Add pictures here
✖
I have a Toro power shovel electric plastic thingy. Fine for an inch or less of snow.
--

>> Remove "zz" from e-mail address to direct reply. <<

"Handi" < snipped-for-privacy@icqmail.com> wrote in message
✖
I have a small electric which I find handy for clearing the deck. But it is useless on the driveway. For that I have a 10hp gas blower. However the next blower I buy will be narrower so that I can get it in the basement to work on it. Getting the big guy in means removing the chute and turning it on its side.However I wouldn't even think of anything under 10 hp. (Lots of snow here in Muskoka!) The cord on the electric is a bit of a pain. It gets tangled. It gets stiff in the cold, it's always getting unplugged and the reel I use for it gets clogged with snow. It was fine on the driveway when we lived in the city. ds

Add pictures here
✖

I had a Toro electric until the last big storm. It's always been pretty useless--not enough power to clear its own chute of any kind of heavy, wet snow. Last time around it would clear forward three or four inches, then the discharge chute would clog and need to be cleared, clear three or four inches, then clog...repeat ad nauseum. Also, not enough weight to bite into ice or deep drifts or keep from riding up off the ground.
Maybe it would be OK for an inch or two of powder, but how often does that happen? And for that kind of light fluff it's faster and easier to get out the snow shovel.
I saw some of the reviews on Amazon.com (yes, they sell electric snowshovels, too) and couldn't believe that anyone north of, say, Georgia would recommend one of these.
In short--don't bother.
✖

I unfortunately don't (snow) ski -- but I was wondering if, at least for snow-shovels, applying that wax for skiis would help keep the (wettish) snow from sticking to the shovel when trying to hurl if off the sidewalk, etc.
Same question would apply to snowblowers.
Anyone ever tried wax on either shovels or snowblowers?
Opinions?
David
Add pictures here
✖

I used a dry teflon spray lubricant on shovels and it works great! I would guess that was would also work. There is also a graphite paint available in spray cans called Slip Plate and is available in farm supply stores.
-- Mike D.
www.stopassaultnow.org
Remove .spamnot to respond by email

✖
I'm smiling as I remember in one of the National Lampoon movies. Clark Griswold was spraying some "non nutritive cereal varnish" onto the bottom of a round sled. It worked a little too well. But it sure was funny.
If memory serves, my Dad tried various things on snow shovels, and he found that Pam cooking spray worked well.
I do have an electric snow blower, and it certainly is less work than shovelling.
--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote:

Yes it works well with shovels, that don't have a non-stick coating on them.
That is what we used to do as a teen. It isn't a problem with a more modern (non-stick) or plastic shovel.
Add pictures here
✖