Mosquito killers

Page 2 of 2

I have used the Magnet Defender for three years now and I assure you that they make a huge difference. It catches approximately 20 + mosquitoes a night and other assorted biters such as black flies. We have lived here in the country for five years and the prior two years were a nightmare of the little buzzers. It's very rare to encounter one now within a acre of our house.
Mark wrote:

I bought one and never caught the first mosquito. When I refilled the propane tank, I got an error message when I tried to restart. I disconnected the propane and hooked it up to the gas grill instead... where it would actually do something for me.
Don't waste your money on a Mosquito Magnet.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Jim Ferguson wrote: ....

Hell, they're more than that being hatched a minute...20/night would make no discernible difference in the population of anyplace I've ever been that I thought had a problem..
Jennifer wrote:

William W. Plummer wrote:

Is she afraid her mom will move in?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mark,
I checked the http://www.comfortchannel.com/prod.itml/icOid/2953 url and it goes to the coleman Mosquito Deleto, not the magnet brand.
Like these: http://www.mosquitomagnetdepot.com
So maybe we are talking about two different machines. Again, Mosquito Magnet (defender model) has worked wonders for our outdoor fun. I have to recommend, plan out placement of the unit, that is a big factor in its catch rate.
hth,
tom

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:41:40 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Did you try different locations? It took me awhile to find a good(since the ideal was out of the question) location. Actually used their trap placement app on http://www.mosquitomagnet.com
When I empty out the basket, I find many mosquitos, black flies, and gnats, so maybe I'm having better luck.
Ever try returning it as faulty?
tom
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:16:59 -0500, "Jim Ferguson"

20 mosquitoes a night?
Like I said, colossal waste of money. I could swat that many off my arm in a 1/2 hour.
050406 2222 - Mortimer Schnerd, RN posted:

Happiness is seeing your Mother-in-Law's picture on a milk carton...
I've had a Mosquito Magnet Liberty in my yard for 3 yrs now and I love it. My friend bought the one at costco with the timer and it never worked right, can't remember the brand. You mentioned you had asian tiger mosquito in Austin, the manufacturer has a new attractant that works for that type of mosquito. Here is the link on their web site www.mosquitomagnet.com/lurex

Cool, but not available in all states.
This what I do with the mosiquito magnet, I run it for about 8 weeks without the attractant, and then I use the normal stuff. This way it works on getting any stray tigers and then runs full power for the rest of the year.
This lure sounds ok, but the statement about being predominent might mean it repeals other mosquitos like the octenal.
Gunna read up on this, when it becomes readily available.
Thanks
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com