Mosaic tile and thinset spreading.

I'd like to put 1"x1" mosaic tile in a small bathroom, but the recomendations on the latex-modified thinset bag seem to be written for much larger floor tiles. The tiles are about 1/4" thick, and the notches drawn for the tile are that deep. With a skim coat of thinset, the tile will get buried, with thinset probably coming up through the grout lines. What's the proper skim coat depth and trowel notching for setting 1"x1" (x 1/4") mosaic?

I would step down a notch or two on the trowel; regardless of the bag directions.
-- Oren
"I didnt say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."