Mosaic Tile ???

I want to tile a small entry way using ceramic tile. I'm considering doing some kind of mosaic pic. to add interest. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a book about mosaic tile? I have never done this before and thought this small project would be the perfect chance to get started. TIA! ~Kat
There is no wisdom greater than kindness. Lucky Numbers 1, 4, 19, 24, 29

Thank you. I would like to do something more artistic than just small tiles that come on a sheet.
~Kat
There is no wisdom greater than kindness. Lucky Numbers 1, 4, 19, 24, 29
Jarkat2002 wrote:

The web is loaded with info and ideas (approx. 100K sites) about mosaic tile.
Lucky Search Engine http://www.google.com
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comOo.o0O (Jarkat2002) wrote in message

There are multiple companies that will accomodate you; Dal-tile will take a picture, scan it in, and produce the picture you want, on 1" tiles, layed out on 1-foot mesh-backed squares... makes beautiful pictures...
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comOo.o0O (Jarkat2002) wrote:

I'd go to the library to get some inspiration, then visit a local tile store for more information. If it is possible for you to find a place to lay out your picture before you put it in the hallway; great. I wonder if there's some way to work out the pattern on a computer that would let you "tile by the numbers". Sometimes tile stores have really nice mosaics. At any rate, I'd go talk to some folks & look around.
I'm sorry I don't have a specific book, but a good library is bound to give you direction.