Mosaic Tile ???

I want to tile a small entry way using ceramic tile. I'm considering doing some kind of mosaic pic. to add interest. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a book about mosaic tile? I have never done this before and thought this small project would be the perfect chance to get started. TIA! ~Kat

There is no wisdom greater than kindness. Lucky Numbers 1, 4, 19, 24, 29

Reply to
Jarkat2002

Thank you. I would like to do something more artistic than just small tiles that come on a sheet.

~Kat

There is no wisdom greater than kindness. Lucky Numbers 1, 4, 19, 24, 29

Reply to
Jarkat2002

The web is loaded with info and ideas (approx. 100K sites) about mosaic tile.

Lucky Search Engine

the_plumber

I'd go to the library to get some inspiration, then visit a local tile store for more information. If it is possible for you to find a place to lay out your picture before you put it in the hallway; great. I wonder if there's some way to work out the pattern on a computer that would let you "tile by the numbers". Sometimes tile stores have really nice mosaics. At any rate, I'd go talk to some folks & look around.

I'm sorry I don't have a specific book, but a good library is bound to give you direction.

Reply to
montana

There are multiple companies that will accomodate you; Dal-tile will take a picture, scan it in, and produce the picture you want, on 1" tiles, layed out on 1-foot mesh-backed squares... makes beautiful pictures...

Reply to
no1herenow