mosaic shower base in mosaic tiles

I had a contractor build a shower, in glass mosaic tiles, including the base, about 2 years ago.

He used 2 4x4 pressure-treated wood to frame the base, and directly put the tiles on those (3/4" glass tiles), which I think wasn't right. The glass panels sit on top of those.

Very quickly, the grout cracked, and started to blackened. I put some silicon caulk on top of it, which helped a bit. Today I finally took the time to remove some of the tiles, and to no surprise, the wood is all wet....

What would be the best way to deal with this, short of re-doing the whole thing ?

thanks in advance.

Fred.

Reply to
fredinstl

The whole thing needs to be redone. Pressure treated wood is not an acceptable substrate for tile. Also, I never thought that glass tile was meant to be walked on. Anyone else know for sure?

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake