Mormon kitchen sink

Page 2 of 2
On 9/24/2015 9:24 AM, Frank wrote:

Yes, I will admit to doing so for the first year or so of my church career. However, it limits the progress you can make in church. And what callings you can have, what privileges you may receive. For me, it was a struggle, but I did give up tea. Milk, and lots of sugar, please.
On 09/23/2015 10:29 AM, Frank wrote:

Beer is a sacrament in the Catholic and Lutheran churches. William Jennings Bryan was doing okay until he trotted out the temperance thing in the very German midwest.
Thursday Sept 24, 2015
Thursday comes along. Steve came over. We went to get some parts. Today was insullation day. We got a couple sheets of foil wrapped white foam. Screw that up under, and improve the insulation.
While at the store, get some plumbers putty.
After screwing on some insulation, went in side. Steve has the skills to put the putty in. Now, no more leak. There is more to the job, I'm sure. But for now, it's OK enough for me.
. Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . www.lds.org . .
I've noticed it takes about an hour per year to do a job that needed doing to get it done? I gave up on my kitchen sink and just stuck the pipe out the wall, hooked some PVC elbows and runs of pipe and move it around the yard a bit when the mood hits me. Kitchen sink only. Yeah I know.... but it work and the tomato plants like it.
On 9/23/2015 9:53 AM, Since You Axed wrote:

An hour a year.... I like that. And it sure sounds true.
When I moved in, the kitchen sink drain was not connected (about 20 feet back from the kitchen). I maybe ought left it unconnected. Would have worked a lot better.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

That's a good rule of thumb ! .. never heard it before - thanks. ie: you add an hour - for every year that you procrastinate ? .. doesn't quite seem enough for some jobs, though .. ? John T.
--- ---
Stormin Mormon wrote:

If you removed blockage more often it would be less work. Drano (lye) works well on grease, organic crud too. The aluminum shavings in it just heat it up. However, it takes a while to dissolve stuff; in your case, quite a while I'd guess and several applications.
On 9/23/2015 4:09 PM, dadiOH wrote:

Time to write a drain crystal schedule, and keep up on things? What do you reccomend?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

No schedule, just whenever you notice slowing.
If your plumbing is standard size, you might want to be careful of what you are putting down it. Our standard size plumbing is 19 years old, nary a clog.
On 9/24/2015 5:48 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I like the "as needed" schedule. I did buy a couple drain strainers, and plan to put less solid anything into the kitchen drain.
Nary beats hairy, any day.
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Morning Stormin and all. Just how much did you spend on parts - excluding gas?
I use one of those hand pumps for unblocking shower and sinks. I don't know the generic name for these pumps but on ebay I searched drain buster etc http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sink+plunger+pump&LH_FS=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xdrain+buster.TRS0&_nkw=drain+buster&_sacat=0 or http://tinyurl.com/nlkvwxa http://tinyurl.com/ntsnn29
It's important to get the type supplied with 2 sizes of suction heads (the ones between $13.40 - $13.49).
Method : fill sink, shower tray with one inch warm water (this helps to form a good seal). Pump firmly, maybe 5 - 10 times, until you feel the cold sludge water being sucked into the pump handle (the pump is plastic, you'll sense the cold water).
Squirt the sink-sludge water into a bucket. If it's the shower, squirt water/hair balls down toilet or into bucket.
Repeat until sink/shower etc runs freely. Mine has lasted about 5 years now but I can't remember where I bought it. The above Ebay items come from China, so expect slow delivery. If anyone can remember the generic name for these and can get to a US supplier, it would be much appreciated. HTH.
On 9/24/2015 7:26 AM, Rubin Vast wrote:

Hmm. I think the first trip to the store was about $15, and the second one was about the same. I didn't expect to need that data ever again, so didn't pay much attention. One more trip, to get the flat gaskets for under where the drain meets the sink.
Not sure that device would have worked very well, on this application. The last owners of this trailer left me a lot of congealed kitchen grease, for about 40 feet of 1 1/2 inch pipe. It needed some serious snaking out.
On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 5:20:59 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Regular drain snakes don't work if hard pieces are stuck in the drain. For those pieces it's better to use something like the Roto Rooter type snake that can cut through hard stuff.
On 10/2/2015 1:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Thanks, you three make good advice. I did buy a Lowe's flat snake with an arrow head. My helper says to break off the arrow head, which does not go around corners. Just use the flat snake, works reasonably well.
The garden hose inflatable bladder did okay.