More zoning foolishness

"[READING, Ohio] A busty mannequin used to promote a restaurant was back on the job Thursday.
" 'Bar Be Q' was placed in front of K.T.'s Barbecue in Reading at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday by her owner, Kenny Tessel. The mannequin was dressed in a more conservative top instead of the bikini that stirred up controversy earlier in the week."
http://www.wlwt.com/news/19452147/detail.html
They actually have zoning laws prohibiting mannequins in bikinis?
on 5/14/2009 7:00 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

One of the zoning board members must own a competing restaurant.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Well, in this case, I could see banning it as a traffic hazard. Every male driver rubbernecking to make sure it wasn't a real woman, would be prone to running into things.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

Yeah, but a REAL woman in a bikini would be legal! Evidently.
But, I know what you mean. Several years ago I was driving down a residential street where the garbage cans were set out on the curb for pickup. Sticking out of one can were two legs from what turned out to be a mannequin.
The first thought I had was "Someone has thrown away a perfectly good woman!"
I slowed to investigate and, sure enough, it was the better half of a fake female.

In the town of Cedar City, Utah, there is a mannequin on the main street of town in front of a clothing store, firmly anchored permanently to the concrete. Every day, the mannequin is stylishly dressed. I used the opportunity to set up a tripod and take a shot from the back. With my hand holding a handful of buttocks. The picture is in my pool room. Everyone who sees it and knows where the mannequin is laughs. No faces are shown to protect the innocent.
Steve
willshak wrote:

    I would have named her "Barbie Cue". Putting a "face" on the economic "bust".
    He missed his chance in January to christen her "The in-awe girl, putting the rack in Ba-rack". Oh, well.
    Poor thing looks pretty chilly at that zoning board meeting.
--
PB
"I suspect you\'re an arrogant little pissant who grew up in the

Couple of years ago there was a tanning parlor in downtown Gilbert AZ. To attract attention, and customers, they used to have a young man standing on a pedastal out front, wearing Speedos. After a few weeks of that, somebody found a zoning law to shut him down.
Jerry

Never mind mannequins when you can have the real and improved version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWxWD3z1uvA

Charlie