More on Texas' 85-mph speed limit

Page 2 of 7

Yep, there idea of slowing down is to drop maybe 5 mph (which still will be over the limit). Peple at work have asked me "well, how slow is slow enough". My answer usually is "Slow doown until you think it is safe and then cut that in half and it'll be about right" :)
Harry K
Remove the power steering, and I'd feel safe at any speed! I want that sucker to feel like it's on RAILS.

On the other hand- the most important piece of equipment in autos has gone *way* downhill. There were no cup holders, cell phones, GPS's, laptops, or noise canceling headphones in the cars of the 70's.
Too many drivers are doing too many things other than driving- so the rest of us need to be hyper alert to look out for them.
Jim
On 11/18/2012 9:53 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I won't even talk on my cellphone while driving, if I answer it I tell the caller, "I'm driving and I'll call you when I reach my destination." If it's an emergency, I pull over to the side of the road and talk to them. I spend half my drive time dodging yackers and texters who are an extremely hazardous impediment to the efficient flow of traffic. O_o
TDD

-snip-
I don't even look to see who called until I get where I'm going. I'm not a cardiac surgeon, so I assume that a few minutes one way or the other is inconsequential.
More amazing is that my 25 yr old son is the same way! [Daughter not so much-- she has the 'hands free' setup-- but IMO spends too much time on it.]
Jim
On 11/18/2012 10:30 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Well, the only time I may use the phone while driving is when I'm getting directions in real time but not at 80mph and certainly not in heavy traffic. ^_^
TDD
On Nov 18, 4:19pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

Illegal in the UK to use hand held cellphone while driving, has been for years. Or any other device
On 11/18/2012 11:01 AM, harry wrote:

Yea but do the gals still.... you know, while the guy is driving? O_o
TDD

About a year ago there was a legal case here in CT. Couple was thrown from the Mercedes convertible after crashing into a tree and the man died. Police could not determine the driver. His family tried to say she was driving and sued her. Woman gave her defense. "I could not have been driving, I was giving him a BJ at the time of the accident"
On 11/18/2012 1:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Why would a woman give a guy a banjo while he was driving, wouldn't that be very distracting? O_o
TDD

Not a banjo,a flute, skin that is.
Harry K

I think Clinton plays a saxophone.
snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

Said Bill Clinton to young Ms Lewinsky, "We don't want to leave clues like Kaczynski, "Since you looks such a mess, "Use the hem of your dress, "And wipe that stuff off your chinsky!"
Interesting aside: The Clinton Company is the nation's largest manufacturer of gynecological examination tables.
On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 10:19:26 -0600, The Daring Dufas

I tried using my phone in the car but I ran out of cord before I even got out of the driveway.

There are chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter socket. O_o
TDD
On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 11:54:08 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Charger? I have not heard of this thing. My phone plugs into a jack on the wall with a big round 4 pin connector and the phone company has the battery

How do you manage the hand crank on the phone while you're driving? O_o
TDD
"Hol my beer, woman. I gots to crank de fone."

How do you manage the hand crank on the phone while you're driving? O_o
TDD
On 11-18-2012 18:32, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Rubber band to one of the tires.
--
Wes Groleau

“Brigham Young agrees to confine himself to one woman,
On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 17:32:46 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Drive left handed.