More on termite control

I have a lot of wood around the house - old stumps, fallen logs, etc. - and a lot of it is infested with termites. I also happen to live in a wooden house with a low sill.

Rather than hire an expensive extermination service, I thought of trying those anti-termite stakes you can install yourself. Any recent experience with how well they work? Also, since I need to protect a couple of accessory building, I'd need dozens - expensive at Home Depot. Haven't found a discounter or wholesaler on the Web - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance-

Theo

Reply to
Theo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@att.net says... :) I have a lot of wood around the house - old stumps, fallen logs, etc. - and :) a lot of it is infested with termites. I also happen to live in a wooden :) house with a low sill. :) :) Rather than hire an expensive extermination service, I thought of trying :) those anti-termite stakes you can install yourself. Any recent experience :) with :) how well they work? Also, since I need to protect a couple of accessory :) building, I'd need dozens - expensive at Home Depot. Haven't found a :) discounter or wholesaler on the Web - any suggestions? :) The Home Depot baits will be your cheapest alternative in the short run, though if you read the package it states those baits will not be protection for your structure from termites and after a few years of replacements the price will probably be more the a professional liquid treatment. Even with the professional baits there is no guarantee of the termites going to the station

What sort of linear footage are you wanting to cover?

Reply to
Lar

they work about as well as what they cost.

expensive? think about it. the cost of the exterminator (and any one worth his salt will give you some sort of guarantee) is insignificant in comparison to replacing the buildings.

but hey. its your stuff. place your bet, roll the dice and take your chances.

randy

Reply to
xrongor