More on garage furnace

Ok, I got the pilot lit. Turns out it just took a relatively long time (about 10 minutes) for air to purge from the line.

When I switch it on, the burners fire up right away. But I'm not sure how long it should take for the blower to kick on. I don't seem to remember it taking a long time. I waited 5 minutes, then switched it off, in case the safety shutoff isn't working.

Anyone have an estimate on how long the burners should go before the blower comes on?

Here's the unit:

Anonymous

Time would be relative to the ambient temp of the metal.

5 minutes does seem a tad long. From here it is hard to say.
Reply to
SQLit

2-3 minutes would be unsurprising. 5 minutes? I dunno.
Reply to
CJT

Mine is inside, but it takes about a minute. 5 seems really long. (haha) I mean minutes.

Reply to
roger61611

It took about 8 minutes for the blower to come on. I'm not sure if the blower trips on temperature, or if it's timed.

Reply to
Anonymous

I would expect the first time to take longer. Once it warms up internally and reaches a steady state, the blower will probably come on quicker (assuming it comes on at a set temperature).

8 minutes is a pretty long time. Perhaps it was very cold? If not, I would wonder whether the burner might need cleaning, and whether the gas pressure is all it should be.
Reply to
CJT