More leakers.

Page 4 of 4
I notice both wordings are 'extreme' temperature *and* moisture damage.
Sounds like mfg'rs know people are likely to lose from moisture damage than gain from cold storage.
Or, they both want to sell batteries. Remember THEY'RE the ones who put that little self check on the package without telling you the long term effects of actually using that widget.
No, to me, in this case chemical process is chemical process and colder is slower, well except for bread going stale. maybe there's a range?
Uh, is there a snopes on snopes?

On 9/4/2013 6:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Wondering if you are buying the cheapest batteries you can find that are those ones that have had a long shelf life in the stores or warehouses.

As a matter of slightly more than idle curiosity, why do you need 47 (forty seven) batteries?
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 9/5/2013 7:39 AM, dadiOH wrote:

On 9/5/2013 8:01 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

So what's your username on CPF? Don't tell me that you haven't been over there yet, sounds like you'd fit right in.
nate
Sigh. I think I signed up, years ago. I'd be Stormin Mormon, of course.
On 9/5/2013 8:50 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 08:01:43 -0400, Stormin Mormon

How many flashlights might you use at the same time? That pretty much sets the number of batteries to have on hand.
A while back we did testing on batteries and found Ray-o-vac far superior in storage, something like 20% more than the next best, ...but NOT shelf life, or stored in the product life. they tended to leak and destroy.
Second was Energizer had a loft of stored capability and never seemed to leak in the product. Third, at about 60% of Energizer was Duracell. didn't leak, but not much power and same cost.
Jeff Liebermann [I think it was him] posted a URL showing recent testing comparing batteries uner different load conditions. Turned out some were better than others in different applications, like torch vs radio vs LED etc. <http://www.powerstream.com/AA-tests.htm
I was told to NEVER test your stored battery, under load. Doing so starts a deteriorating chemical process that runs your batteries down in like a year. So don't test them if you want long shelf life.