More Garage Door Woes

I recently posted here about troubles with my garage door. I got some great advice, and found the issue to be a disconnected wire. However, a few weeks later and I have a new issue. The door, a metal rolling door, goes down nearly all the way, but then stops about a foot from the ground and then reverses. Not every time, but frequently. I came out the other morning to find I'd left the garage wide open all night. :(
When I had my issues a few weeks ago, I took the time to plumb the tracks as much as possible and lubricate most of the joints and rollers with a silicone lubricant, so I'm surprised to hear a high- pitched squeak as the door goes down. Is a silicone-based lubricant not a good garage door lubricant? Are there other possible scenarios for why the door is reversing when it's almost closed?
Thanks.

use a lithium based lubricant. it could be binding that tricks the sensor that is used to detect obstacles.

upon revesing does the unit light blink rapidly?
I'd check two issues
electric eye aiming electric eye mount touching track? vibration as door reaches "closed" could mis-align beam
insufficnet "down" force (unlikely)
cheers Bob
BobK207, 11/12/2008,3:35:07 PM, wrote:

This is the problem I had with my garage door. After aligning the electric eyes properly I still had to clean the cobwebs to make it work properly.

The combination of the high pitched squeak and the door reversing sounds like the door is binding enough to exceed the down-force safety sensor setting. Fix the binding or adjust the down-force limit.
Jerry

Release the safety mechanism (door closed) to manually lift the door and see where the binding might be. Maybe a bad roller cocking in the track.

Something is obstructing the door from coming all the way down. Pull the unlatch rope and hold it unlatched, and have someone hit the button and see if it will come down all the way with the door being unlatched. If it comes down all the way, there is something binding as if there was a opstical in the way. Good luck henry