more fun with air conditioning

Page 3 of 4
And he pays more for their cat food than you make in a month! Hahaha!
Vicki
_shaun. wrote:

_shaun. wrote:

Can't you come up with anything new? Or are you bitter because your parents gave you a woman's name?

ROTFLMAO. That was good.

The ups and downs of idiocy, hey bill, one minute you're too stupid to understand it bores you, next minute you're elated because luckily the up side is idiots are easily impressed. Hey, it's your condition, not mine, why should I worry?

Apparently you don't find anything funny. Figures.

up
why
The cat sat on the mat.... Ha ha ah HAA HA HAA BWAA HA HAA!!
Funny, hey bill?
Bwaa Hahahaha !!
Don Ocean posted for all of us....

Hey did you know two of their coaches resigned in disgrace because some of their boiz were allegedly raping female students? One reportedly discouraged one victim from reporting it to PD and the other didn't report it according to federal law? This is a lawa school? Sports pwheeey...
--
Tekkie

Piss off Marc. Nicks shit was stale years ago and anymore it just isn't funny.
If he can't take the hammering he shouldn't post.

top
that
that
It's not about him taking any hammering. It's about you people hammering, it's about your inferiority complex's. That's what it's really about.

Are you referring to your drunken tirades here, your condesention in your posts or your overt bragging? Whassmatter Marc? Being an asshole getting you down?

Marc, your high opinion of yourself you can keep. We have another.
My opinions come from results, they're all valid :)
wrote:

of
dummy's
anyway,

Nicky your oriface is supposed to be exit only. God is frowning at you.

***Now all your calculation look good to cool it back off as to saving half the energy to do so. There is a few things you forgot. Laten air or heavy moisture content air is hell to cool off. On a 1.5 ton hvac system at 99%RH inside the house. The btu rating of the hvac system will be reduced by 2,880 btu's. just for moisture removial during the turn back on of the system when the moisture content had been let to rize. So your 18,000 btu unit is now 15,120 btu system till it gets the moisture out of the house. ***Now your forgot about the derating of the hvac system when you operate it in ambiants of over 95F outdoors. The HVAC system is rated at the BTU rating at 95F ambiant of the condenser. In the High % RH inside the house and you have only the rating 15,120 btu system. Then you put the 110F Ambiant temperature on the condenser which will derate the btu rating by 12% of the 15,120 btu system you have now. It comes to 13,305 btu ability you have now and have to cool the house with. Now as I can see your hvac system will take longer to cool the house off than the 2.4 hours as you had said. If the system staied on and keep the moisture down it would not have to fight the laten heat of the moisture all at one time. ***Now you had said to turn the system back on before you got home to get the temperature down to 70F inside the house. Now as you have a derated system for the laten heat and derating of the 110F outdoor temperature. You would need tom turn it back on about 4 hour before coming home and this would shorten your down time down to about 4 hours. Now you will be running the system 4 hours so that you can turn it off for 4 hours. So if you turn it off for 4 hour to save some money. It will still be running at a 50% run time running all the time or turning it off to feel like you are saving something. *** Now When hvac system that are being run at high anbiants of the indoor temperature you super heat will be off the chart till it gets below 80F inside the house and when your super heat is very high the compressor will use more electricity or watts during this time. By letting this condition happen you will be burning more power than running at normal indoor temperature. The higher the temperature is indoors and outdoor will definately cost more to operate. *** Now with all of this left out. You seem to not have a clue to what is going on in a hvac system operation in a home.

***Now first your going to have to leave them drug alone here for they are getting to you and your concept of what is going on here. ***Now either ASHRAE 55-2004 is full of shit or your full of shit. As I see what you said of 60F at a 90%RH is very cold to the average person. Nobody in their right mine is going to put up with 90%RH at 60F in any home. It would be muggey as hell in there. Your off the wall here son. ***Now You say 10%RH at 95F that you or maybe ASHRAE 55-2004 says this is very warm to the average person. At 10%RH and 95F is a very good condition and would feel pretty good to anybody. The only time this condition would feel warm to a person would be when it got over 98.6F the body temp.. ***Now you expressed a need to control the %RH in a home. We have controls now days that you can set the %RH and the temperature all with a thermostat hanging on the wall. ***Now Nick if the hvac system was designed correctly and not over sized as you can only deal with. The %RH and the temperature will go hand in hand as being correctly set if the system is left on 24 hours a day. All hvac systems are designed to be left on 24 hour a day and not off and on like you think they should be run.

***Now Nick when you start discussing the design of a hvac system with people who install, service, and work on them. You need more info on the business [really see what your talking about ] than what comes out of a book. The Book can only take you so far and then you have to go see what the thing is really doing when it is running. ***Now Nick try to get a clue when discussing hvac system and how they really work, but I will say you are good at the book part of the business. The Books are only half the way and the other half comes with OJT. Get out in the field and see for yourself.
TURTLE
P.S. Nick -- Does Lost in the 60's mean anything to you?

Not just me. Thousands of people say so :-)

Most people say they feel too cold at 60 F, no matter what the RH is.
Temperature is the main thing that determines comfort, especially for people who aren't working hard. If they aren't sweating, humidity is a lot less important than temperature.

And TURTLE says it's very cold :-) My grandmother used to talk about "Frozen Usher." He would only drive his buckboard into Mayfield, KY on the hottest day of the year, when he was all bundled up in his thick winter coat, with sweaters and gloves and a woolen hat...

Most people say they feel too hot at 95 F, no matter what the RH is.

No. The ASHRAE 55-2004 standard comfort zone upper temp limit is 82.2 F, regardless of humidity. Above that, most people feel too hot.
Nick

This is Turtle.
Let me stop right here and say Nick your Full of shit to make a very stupit statement like this. You don't have to try to pass yourself off as a person who knows anything about the HVAC business at all any more for this statement tells me you don't have a clue at all.
I added the post to alt.hvac for a joke to listen to and have a chuckle.
TURTLE

Incorrect. Check out ASHRAE standard 55-2004, if you please.

I'm happy enough to pass myself off as a person with two engineering degrees in sci.engr.heat-vent-ac :-)

We might all chuckle at your credentials...
Nick

This is Turtle.
Yea, I don't have much but 40+ years in the HVAC/R business and run my own business for the last 20 years.
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

Turtle,
Rest =assured= , most folks that read your material will 'side' with you ... :-)
ME? I can out_credential the two(2) of you put "together" ... still, ... :-) ... I'd listen to you.
Qed.

Someone else thinks 60 F is too hot and 95 F is too cold? :-)
Nick