More bypass sliding door Q's?

Some day this house reno will be complete!!!

I've run into a problem with mounting some 36" x 1 1/4" sliding closet doors. Using the original track the front door will not clear the back door (adj wheel or screws depending on hanger type scrape rear door). These are the original doors from that closet but the roller mechanisms had to be changed as the old ones were broken.

It appears that the distance from the center of one channel and the other is only 1". When I visit the big box centers I only see one sliding door kit available and it also seems to be 1" in separation.

I've tried the shallow offset hangers in the front and rear and neither work. What might I be missing in this (should be) simple task? I've mounted 5 other sets in this same house which work fine but these are the only doors that are thicker.

Ideas/suggestions Please?

Thanks

Reply to
r.mariotti

Sounds like you need rollers with a larger "offset"

Take a look here and see if anything might work for you

Reed

Don't you have the original hangers, take them to the store?

Reply to
hrhofmann

The original hangers were broken long ago.

However, I finally visited HD and picked up a new bypass sliding kit. I measured and the distance between the track centers was the same as the old one. But, the instructions stated to mount the track 1/2" further away from the fascade than the original. So I did, mounted the supplied hangers onto the doors, inserted the read, then the first and voila`, they WORK!!!

Thanks to those who replied.

Reply to
r.mariotti