More about the toilet

Even though the leak was outside the tank, I replaced the fill valve with the 400A Fluid Master.

It seems everyone is happy with these things, but I found this one to be verrrry loud.

Googling, some sites suggested high water pressure and indeed, this toilet is closer to the water line than any other toilet or sink. I lowered the pressure, I guess, by closing the valve most of the way, and it takes longer to fill, longer than it used to, and doesn't make as loud a noise, but it still makes an annoying noise.

Instead of one noise, like wter going through a pipe, like the Melard Model D made (a valve of simliar design and also made mostly of plastic) the FluidMaster makes that noise and a second one, that sounds like water is spraying hard all over the place (even though it's not).

Has anyone else complalined about this?

Any suggestions how to stop it?

Any suggestions of a different brand without this problem? One url suggested Corky, and I looked at that, but the FluidMaster and the Melard had the advantage of easy replacement. Just twist or release, and pull up, then push the new one down, on the base that stays there. No tools needed,

Reply to
micky