montgomery ward riding lawn mower question

I have a montgomery ward riding mower from the 70's. It has a 16 hp motor. I think the model is or is close to GIL 33035B. My question is: when I push the clutch in the shaft rotates ,but doesn't touch anything or push anything. In the middle of the shaft their is a place for what looks like a small rod could fit into, but no sure. I can't get the engine to turn over without the clutch working right. Is there anyway I could bypass the clutch? It would be very helpful if someone could email me pics if they had a manual for this tractor.

Thanks Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

Bypassing the clutch is not very smart. There are probably many injuries recorded at OSHA from repairs like that. Make some phone calls to servicing mower dealers and perhaps one will have an old- timer in the shop that can safely solve your problem. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Ryan,

MTD makes an large number of "housebrand" lawn mowers. I'd try looking there with your model number. I don't understand your question. Many lawn mowers will not start unless the clutch pedal is depressed by that's an electrical cut out and has nothing to do with the operation of the clutch. With the transmission in neutral, and the key or switch in the run position you can use jumper cables on the starter motor to spin the engine. It should start.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel