mole problems

I am sick of the damn moles in my yard. I have put so much poison on the grass that it now glows!!! If there are any grubs out there, they're either eaten or dissolved by now. Mole traps are worthless, at least in my hands. I have noticed though that they seem to avoid the ares that have Bermuda/Crab grass. I have finally resorted to placing Juicy Fruit gum around the the holes in the hope that they will die of constipation.
Get some Mole Smoke Bombs ' Giant Destroyer" they look like 4' firecrackers, and kill by a smoke of sodium nitrate and sulfer
Biff Buckmeister wrote:

Hmmm.... I sense some personal animosity here.
badgolferman wrote:

not a bit.. i merely choose to point out retardo boy for the dumb ass he is, every chance i get. now, myofb :-)
mark Ransley wrote:

Have you actually used this method to eradicate moles? Would Home Depot or Lowes carry such things?

They do not work well. I used them for years without eliminating the problem, but they work better than anything else. You have to be careful to cover every hole the gas might escape out of; good luck on that...
I moved 5 miles away. For some reason I have no grubs, despite never treating for them, and no moles.
the directions on the mole trap are wrong they tell you to use your foot to smash a section of the tunnel. that is too wide. when a mole pushes throught the dirt he pushes a dirt bow wave and it will trip the trap before he gets under it. try only smashing a section just big enough for your traps trip lever to fit down in, say an inch or so wide.
-- Rob in the U.S.A. no matter where you go there you are

throught
gets
What do you do when the only sign of the moles is the hills of dirt. When I dig down under the hills, I usually find their tunnels 7 or so inches down. I never see signs of surface tunnels.
Bob
badgolferman wrote:

mabee you can run a natural gas line out to the hole and fill in up with gas then light it and blow him to smitherines make sure you put a shut off valve at the end of the line so you wont blow your self up

My Dad used to go around and seal off all the holes he could find ... the smoke bomb them. They would come running out and scurry all over the place! lol He would do it every spring and they didn't come back till the next year. It was kind of strange seeing the smoke leak out of the holes all over the yard :) ~Kat
There is no wisdom greater than kindness. Lucky Numbers 1, 4, 19, 24, 29
my cat used to bring the moles to my front porch like a gift to the gods, sacrificed and all.
On 07 Aug 2003 20:29:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comOo.o0O (Jarkat2002) wrote:

I really want to try this. Atleast my 8 year old will get a kick out of it.

Sorry to say, but you're going to have to learn to live with the little bastards. All you can do is get rid of the grubs. They may then leave after a year or so but if not, bombs, traps, sprays, poison, vibrators, noise makers, Juicy-Fruit, witch doctors, cats or voodoo dolls will not get them all. They leave when and if they choose to.
Dave
DJA wrote:

That's exactly the advice given by mark Ransley's 97 year old spouse recently in alt.my.husbands.a.retardo.boy
DJA wrote:

You must have better news than that. At least tell me I'll outlive them.
well
had them
had problems
various people have told me that dogs in the yard will drive them other places
also
it has been said that
gallon jug in which to put
2 tablespoons castor oil
1/4 cup dishwashing detergent
couple oz of tabasco or equivalent
filled with water
make a hole in center of mounds and pour down the hole into the tunnel will send them off
bill