mole problems

I am sick of the damn moles in my yard. I have put so much poison on the grass that it now glows!!! If there are any grubs out there, they're either eaten or dissolved by now. Mole traps are worthless, at least in my hands. I have noticed though that they seem to avoid the ares that have Bermuda/Crab grass. I have finally resorted to placing Juicy Fruit gum around the the holes in the hope that they will die of constipation.

Reply to
badgolferman

Get some Mole Smoke Bombs ' Giant Destroyer" they look like 4' firecrackers, and kill by a smoke of sodium nitrate and sulfer

Reply to
mark Ransley

Hmmm.... I sense some personal animosity here.

Reply to
badgolferman

Have you actually used this method to eradicate moles? Would Home Depot or Lowes carry such things?

Reply to
badgolferman

not a bit.. i merely choose to point out retardo boy for the dumb ass he is, every chance i get. now, myofb :-)

Reply to
Biff Buckmeister

They do not work well. I used them for years without eliminating the problem, but they work better than anything else. You have to be careful to cover every hole the gas might escape out of; good luck on that...

I moved 5 miles away. For some reason I have no grubs, despite never treating for them, and no moles.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

What do you do when the only sign of the moles is the hills of dirt. When I dig down under the hills, I usually find their tunnels 7 or so inches down. I never see signs of surface tunnels.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

the directions on the mole trap are wrong they tell you to use your foot to smash a section of the tunnel. that is too wide. when a mole pushes throught the dirt he pushes a dirt bow wave and it will trip the trap before he gets under it. try only smashing a section just big enough for your traps trip lever to fit down in, say an inch or so wide.

-- Rob in the U.S.A. no matter where you go there you are

Reply to
Rob Mcgee

mabee you can run a natural gas line out to the hole and fill in up with gas then light it and blow him to smitherines make sure you put a shut off valve at the end of the line so you wont blow your self up

Reply to
George Macomber

My Dad used to go around and seal off all the holes he could find ... the smoke bomb them. They would come running out and scurry all over the place! lol He would do it every spring and they didn't come back till the next year. It was kind of strange seeing the smoke leak out of the holes all over the yard :) ~Kat

There is no wisdom greater than kindness. Lucky Numbers 1, 4, 19, 24, 29

Reply to
Jarkat2002

my cat used to bring the moles to my front porch like a gift to the gods, sacrificed and all.

Reply to
Daniel

Sorry to say, but you're going to have to learn to live with the little bastards. All you can do is get rid of the grubs. They may then leave after a year or so but if not, bombs, traps, sprays, poison, vibrators, noise makers, Juicy-Fruit, witch doctors, cats or voodoo dolls will not get them all. They leave when and if they choose to.

Dave

Reply to
DJA

That's exactly the advice given by mark Ransley's 97 year old spouse recently in alt.my.husbands.a.retardo.boy

Reply to
Jack Lime

I really want to try this. Atleast my 8 year old will get a kick out of it.

Reply to
badgolferman

You must have better news than that. At least tell me I'll outlive them.

Reply to
badgolferman

well

had them

had problems

various people have told me that dogs in the yard will drive them other places

also

it has been said that

gallon jug in which to put

2 tablespoons castor oil

1/4 cup dishwashing detergent

couple oz of tabasco or equivalent

filled with water

make a hole in center of mounds and pour down the hole into the tunnel will send them off

bill

Reply to
mcameron