Moldex?

Anyone here familiar with a product called Moldex (put out by Emvirocare)? Suggestions on it's use are sought, and any warnings that may apply. Attempting to treat molded wood where a pipe leaked slowly for years, and not wishing to create an unsound environment in my kitchen.
Many thanks...
Dave
Anyone here familiar with a product called Moldex (put out by Emvirocare)? Suggestions on it's use are sought, and any warnings that may apply. Attempting to treat molded wood where a pipe leaked slowly for years, and not wishing to create an unsound environment in my kitchen.
Many thanks...
Dave

Moldex what ? Many products.
I have used odorban or vinegar to kill mold. You have to seal or just keep it dry afterward.
Greg
On 7/13/2013 5:02 PM, Dave wrote:

sheets on their website at http://www.envirocarecorp.com/products/moldex/resources/index.php .
Also to consider - when I had a substantial mold problem, the remediator used a product whose name I cannot remember, but it was apparently based on hydrogen peroxide. According to what they told me, the peroxide sort of bubbled the mold to the surface where it was easier to kill plus the H2O2 itself apparently kills mold. It seemed to work well on untreated wood, not very well on the glossy knotty pine. Anyhow, might be worth looking for some references on peroxide and mold.

I read the mds on one powder form. They must have a dozen mold products. Anyway, the main ingredient is what's in oxyclean, with a couple other stuff, probably dispersants. Oxyclean is cheap at some stores. So is vinegar.
Greg