Mold Testing

I have a funny smell in my townhouse in our ground floor whenever we come back from work. We had a water pipe burst last winter behind the drywall.
What is the likelihood we have a mold problem at home?
What is the best and most cost effective way to test it? Cost? Time?
What are the possible remediation steps, if it is behind the drywall?
Thanks
Rajesh Dugar wrote:

High.

I am going to pass on the above two questions because I really don't know, although I have been involved in a couple of cases, including one still on going.
I would suggest one thing. There are mold problems and there are mold PROBLEMS!!!
Most mold situations are lesser problems. All homes (that is ALL homes) have mold. There are different kinds of mold and there are different amounts of mold. Most people do not have a problem with the typical amount of mold found in a home. Most molds found in a home are not generally harmful, even many of the black colored molds.
You need professional test to determine if you have a dangerous mold problem. Have such a test is both good and bad. It may clear the air with a good report. It may also be a marginal or misleading report. If you have someone test your home, make sure they can not benefit in any way from the outcome.
If you get a report of mold that needs work, you will need to address that as it may be dangerous and it WILL cause problems in the future if you ever decide to sell you home.
My guess is you have some mold problems, but not a health or dangerous issue. It should be addressed and hopefully your insurance will cover it. My friends' insurance did.
Some people are very sensitive and I suggest that if you know someone like that that you don't invite them over.
Good Luck.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Rajesh Dugar wrote:

http://www.slh.wisc.edu/ehd/bioaerosols/tests.php http://www.dehs.umn.edu/iaq / http://www3.sympatico.ca/ross.fraser/Richard9.htm http://www.skcinc.com/product.asp http://www.toxic-black-mold-info.com/moldsigns.htm http://www.moldcheck.com/MoldCleanUp.asp http://www.molddamagecontrol.com/list.htm
Jim