Mold Removal ?

Hello,
Regarding some gree Mold on my garage doors, and driveway, that I would like to kill, and hopefully remove:
Do I want to spray it with Vinegar or Chlorox ?
If Chlorox, should I dilute it a bit first ? How much ? Why ?
Much thanks, Bob
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I use bleach, well diluted, about cup to a few gallons of water gallon. I have no idea if vinegar works.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

...or stronger (cup/gallon, or even more). I'd think vinegar would feed it.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sep 24, 4:10 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

The stronger the better. If the door is not basic white, the Chlorox may lighten it a little. Be careful the runoff does not damage shrubs, grass, etc.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

A powerwasher is usually the best tool for this job. That's what I use with plain water.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
GO to the store and look at the bottles for Bleach, Bath Mildew Removal and Surface Cleaner with Bleach. Basically the difference between the three is the dilution of the hypochlorite, which is based on how likely the bleach is to damage what it touches undiluted. Comapre the % hypochlorite on those three products to decide your own dilution.
Mold is mostly a problem if you breathe the spores (seeds, really) they inevitably spout. Mold forms if something is wet more than 24-48 hrs. (THese two factoids come from the EPA web site).
A science mag (I think sciencenews.org) had a really freaky picture a year ago: a mold growing out of the head of a dead ant. The article discussed how the ant clenched the plant (apparently as a result of the mold poisons) as it died which allowed the mold to grow on to the plant, but that if the ant dropped of the plant when it died, it would have not allowed the mold to get up the plant.
You have to realise that the first life form to grow on a fresh volcanic Island is usually mold, which begins to make the island hospitable for higher life forms.
                 - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist          http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.